join our team and forge a career
1. ESTIMATOR TRAINEE - REFA, INC.
This is an entry level position for an individual willing to learn and grow from trainee into the role of Senior Estimator and/or Project Manager. The right candidate will be trained to estimate, manage projects, and function as a valuable part of REFA.
- Understanding and interpreting construction drawings.
- Reading and understanding project specifications and bid documents.
- Learning to estimate/takeoff steel and assembling bid proposals.
- Attending post bid and on site meetings with clients.
- Developing an erection plan.
- Assisting with creating/writing change orders and learning to identify changes and project impacts.
- Managing project budgets and schedules.
- Daily coordination with field superintendents, suppliers, and other trades to ensure projects remain on track and on budget.
- Identifying hazards, site obstacles, and difficulties at the location of projects.
- Being familiar with AISC standards, equipment, and other tools of the trade.
- 2 years of education beyond High School in Engineering, Structural or Architectural Drafting, or construction related field.
- Relevant work experience (preferably in the steel industry) will be considered in lieu of the above education requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Familiar with software such as Bluebeam, Procore, Viewpoint & construction modeling software.
- Capable of interpreting construction drawings and understanding basic engineering terminology.
- Strong attention to details, ability to multi-task, highly organized, computer and tech savvy.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team orientated office environment.
- Professionalism, good work ethic, and excellent client customer service are critical in this role.
Our generous benefits package includes: 15% Profit Sharing Trust Plan; Guaranteed Bonus up to 4 Weeks Per Year; 401k; Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, Excellent Healthcare Options, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Download our application form, complete and return to us via email, regular mail, or in person.
DECLARATIONS AND NOTICES DOWNLOAD
Download our Declarations and Notices forms for your reference.